Mitutoyo MCOSMOS Coordinate Measuring Machine Software
MCOSMOS by Mitutoyo is a proprietary metrology suite of inter-related modules and dedicated expansion modules for the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. Since the first deployment of GEOPAK in the 1980's, on the MS-DOS platform; then migrated in the 1990's to Windows NT, 2000, XP; and today, supported world-wide in 37 locations around the globe supporting 12 different languages; MCOSMOS is the world's standard in metrology software. (A proud Microsoft Gold Partner)
Developed by MiCAT (Mitutoyo Intelligent Computer Aided Technology) your Mitutoyo CMM is streamlined with intuitive user interfaces that provide a familiar look and feel to operate multiple modules. They work together seamlessly to put reliable metrology at your fingertips - for application throughout the entire production process.
MCOSMOS allows integration among a whole series of applications, improving the efficiency of your CMM and the productivity of your Quality Control functions. Specific expansion modules dedicated to GEOPAK or for specific applications such as GEAR measurement, Airfoil analysis, Reverse Engineering and integrating CAD with metrology.
The modular system allows the capability to tailor the measuring software with only the specific modules needed to meet requirements. The measurement results may be displayed, printed and archived with numerous built-in and user-defined formats.
- GEOPAK (Geometry online/offline modules): Includes: support for high-speed nominal scanning (known path) with scanning probes (optional), user-defined dialogs, parametric programming with the use of variable substitution and user-defined reporting.
- CAT-1000P (Online/offline programming module): For the creation of measurement and evaluation routines of prismatic features (lines, planes, circles, cylinder, etc.), from a CAD model for nominal to actual comparison. Includes: MachineBuilder, automatic path generation (animated), collision checking and flexible reporting formats.
- CAT-1000S (3D freeform evaluation module): For the creation of measurement and evaluation routines of surfaces from a CAD model for nominal to actual comparison. Includes: automatic path generation (animated), collision checking and flexible reporting formats.
- SCANPAK (Scanning): For the scanning and evaluation of workpiece profiles. Includes: support for single-point/measuring probes, SP-25 continuous scanning probes, variable contour tolerances, best fit, patch scan (digitizing) and flexible reporting.
Expansion Modules for MCOSMOS:
- Pure DMISPAK: The Pure DMISPAK module is a powerful bi-directional program exchange for legacy DMIS-based software. This module converts the native DMIS file (*.dmi) to GEOPAK. New programs from MCOSMOS also can be exported to a DMI format so non-Mitutoyo brand CMMs can read and execute on their legacy DMIS-based software.
- MeasurLink: MeasurLinkÂ® acquires the measurements real-time as the CMM runs the GEOPAK Part Program. Data storage can be local or networked to a SQL Server. The software manages data from all types of devices from handheld tools to CMM and supports non-Mitutoyo products.
- Surface Developer: 3D surface generation software is used with Patch Scanning Generator to easily create high-accuracy surface design, using common B-Rep entities or STL file output, which are ideal for reverse engineering.
- MAFIS (Mitutoyo Airfoil Inspection Software) (Requires SCANPAK): With MCOSMOS-3, MAFIS analyzes the SCANPAK profile that is measured and outputs the evaluation results of the desired parameters. Unlike other airfoil analysis modules, which operate outside of the CMM software as a separate package, MAFIS works by combining GEOPAK and SCANPAK to generate airfoil measurements. MAFIS calculates the camber line, leading/trailing edge, twist and much more. Blade analysis is easy for beginner operation and does not require an expert to implement.
- GEARPAK: for Cylindrical spur gear, Cylindrical helical gear, Worm gear (cylindrical), Worm wheel (cylindrical), Bevel gear & Hypoid gear.